Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7q9xg6/smart_grid) has announced the addition of the "Smart Grid Industry Market Guide 2012" report to their offering.
Discover what companies are developing and deploying new technologies, and learn about cutting-edge smart grid programs.
The smart grid market has experienced tremendous growth in the last few years and is expected to continue its expansion reaching around $57 billion by 2016.
Without substantial investment over the next decades in new generation, transmission, and distribution facilities, service quality will degrade and costs will go up.
This comprehensive report discusses smart grid technologies and investments, and analyzes the impact the smart grid will have on the power industry. It examines the technologies needed for smart grid development, and profiles 68 smart grid technology providers.
This Comprehensive report on the Market Potential for the Smart Grid Industry is a must-read resource for all energy industry professionals.
- Outlines 52 smart grid demonstration projects, including 32 DOE smart grid and storage projects
- Profiles 54 utilities deploying the smart grid
- Profiles industry organizations involved in smart grid development.
Industry Acquisitions and Deals Profiled Include:
- RWE Buy Essent
- Sensus Acquires Telemetric
- EOn and Masdar Establish New Climate Change Venture
- Echelon and ELO Focus on Latin America
- AT&T Working with Silver Spring Networks
- AlcatelâLucent and Vodafone partner in Germany
- Silver Spring working with AEP
- Possible Elster IPO
- Itron and Accent
- Itron and Arcadian Networks
- Aclara working with Firetide to provide new Mesh Radio technology
- ZigBee working with DLMS User Association
- ESMIG ZigBee Working Together
Smart Grid Demonstration Projects Profiled Include:
- 2012 Olympic Village
- EPRI Smart Grid Regional Demonstrations
- Chinese Smart Grid
- Chugach Electric Association
- Dubuque Smarter City Initiative
- Europe Smart Grid Initiatives
- Houston, Texas Smart Meters
- Irelandï¿½s Smart Meter Project
- Jemena in Australia
- Ontario IESO
- Pacific Northwest GridWise Project
- The Olympic Peninsula Project
- The Grid Friendly Applianceï¿½ (GFA) Project
- Pacific Northwest Smart Grid Project
- Test Site Locations and Corresponding Utilities
- Technology and Vendor Team Members
- Queens, New York
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Smart Grid City, Boulder, Colorado
- UW Seattle
- West Virginia Smart Grid Implementation Plan
Source: Business Wire